1. An investigation has been made of the digestive enzymes of Peripatopsis spp.
2. The pH of the gut varies between 6.0 and 8.2; it is usually about 7.0.
3. The salivary glands elaborate amylase, glycogenase, protease and carboxypolypeptidase.
4. The gut digestive enzymes consist of invertase, maltase, lipase, esterase, amino- and carboxypolypeptidase and dipeptidase. Gelatin is also liquefied by the gut, but at pH 3.0 only.
5. The properties of some of the individual enzymes have been examined.